Friday, April 07, 2006

The 'Ring Road' of the mind

I crashed from my bike a couple of weeks back. And then, I slept a couple of hours back, prior to writing these words. Why I wrote these two sentences back to back is because, though they seem to be irrelevant, they actually have a lot in common. In both the scenarios, I just remember what happened before and after the scenario and dont remember a bit from what I actually went through. I dont remember much about my crash, nor can I remember much about this small 2 hour sleep that I had.

My crash left its imprint on me in the form of a few friction burns on my body and as they are healing, by brain is shifting its attention from them to the small blows I had on my back. For the past two days I have had a sprained muscle in the upper left part of my back which is restricting my movement a lot. I cant breathe properly, I cant sleep, cant walk briskly, cant move freely at all. All the medication has failed and the sprain continues to spread accross my back muscles.

Today I tried to sleep, a couple of hours back. I know my attempt to sleep has failed else I wouldnt have been writing all this in just 2 hours from the time I closed my eyes. My muscle had locked up in such a way that I couldnt move at all. I was just lying in the same position for 2 hours. All I can remember is that I have been crying for help throughout my sleep. But I guess my screams were echoing in neverland for no help ever came. Somehow I regained my senses and somehow with the help of the surrounding objects I lifted my 100 kg carcass and walked to my room. And then I have been typing all this....All this feels like my mind has been riding on a ring road where it just completes a circle and comes back to the same point where it had left off. The only problem is, this journey on the ring road is always a total black-out and the only thing that the mind can recall is the start and the finish.

Many a times I do wake up suddenly at such ungodly hours. And everytime the only two things I can hear midst the silence of the night are my breaths and my wall clock ticking. I'vent yet understood what that clock is trying to indicate, the time that has passed or the time that is yet to come....

No comments: