Monday, March 05, 2007

Chill and Warmth

On a very chilly night in early December 2006, I was returning home late from a friend's place. It was so cold that I had a very hard time even crossing 30 kmph on Karizma !! Hence I got my cell phone out and wrote down my experience with a little rhythm to it and with the same feeling of 'insane love' that I have for all my bikes.

Chill and Warmth

Its a cold night out here,
and roads have no life,
its just me and my dear,
trying our best to thrive..

I see trees by the roadside,
and they exhale a cold breath onto me..
I slow down on the roads which were fast before,
n every detail on them I can see..

she knows how much I love her,
n she journeys with me thru this cold night,
still talking in her smooth voice,
as she rotates every step further,
without a hint of fright.

this night is really cold n dark,
as the stars too hide behind a black blanket..
her heart beats to create some warmth,
enough warmth to provide some comfort..

but the chill is winning,
as it grips every finger n thumb,
her warmth cant reach my hands,
hence they start going numb..

I know her balance depends on me,
and hence I fight against all odds,
but now I wish this road to end,
and that is all I pray to the gods..

This aint the last time,
when we journey together,
but lets go home today,
cause I cant see u wither..

Tomorrow is a new day,
and we start a new journey,
and thank you for today,
good night, I love u my honey..

No comments: