Thursday, April 13, 2006

Poetry : The Little Guy

When everything goes wrong
I turn to this little guy,
Who shares with me everything…

And when there is no one to turn to,
This little guy never betrays my loneliness.

Sometimes I’m up, sometimes I’m down,
Whatever happens to me, whenever,
This little guy smiles and holds on,
And tells me to do the same….

He gives me strengths,
He reminds me of my strengths

He lets me cry, and cries with me,
He never fights, never ignores…
He keeps his promise of being with me always.

When I look at him I see in his eyes,
The world full of smiles,
In which I see my mom and dad…

I see them there, with smiles on their faces,
And that reminds me what I was born for..

And then I ask this little guy,
Why I did what I should not have done ?

He gives me yet another chance,
And also shows trust.

And gives me the strength
And reminds me of my strengths

When I look into his eyes,
Sometimes I see hatred,
For what I have done
And I see him smilingly ask
If it was necessary…

When I have no answer,
He never scolds

But what he does is,
He consistently reminds me of my strengths
I am so fortunate I found him in there,
I wonder where I would have wandered without him..

When I’m down, or if I’m sad,
I go to him and say nothing

For he knows what I have been through
I need not even explain…

He keeps telling me that all is not lost,
He keeps reminding me of my strengths

Sometimes when I cry
And when he cries with me,
I feel sad I made him cry…
But he never complains
All he does is,
He consistently reminds me of my strengths

All I live for, all I die for, is
This little guy’s smile, when I turn to him
Whatever he does, or whatever I do,
I love this little guy….

…in the mirror…


----

Maitreya 'Mats' Mahajan
Level II Stuntaz,
Rubber Smokin' Angels

No comments: