Thursday, April 13, 2006

Poetry : Rape













Darkness surrounds me, as I beg for the light
His weight on top of me makes it so hard to fight
Please don't hurt me I hear myself cry
Be a good little girl is his only reply
I gasp for air as his fingers wrap around my throat
Shivering from the cold as I was made to lay on my coat
Hot tears fall from emerald eyes
Permanent scars warped into pretense lies
Kicking and screaming I plead for him not to touch
A swollen black eye and he promises now he won't rush
Slow and painful like dying from this horrid shame
Led to believe I've only myself to blame
He fucks me hard, makes me feel like I'm no good
My father always told me a whore never would
This is my life and all I could ever amount to
Virginity lost and what's left of my pride will never do
Cold rain falls from a sapphire sky
Broken and abused, left alone to suffer and die

----

Katie
----------------------------------------------------------------

I came across this poem on the net while chatting with a friend. The poem describes the poet's pain in each and every word. Unfortunately, the poet wrote these lines from her true experience.

No comments: